Double M Aviation is seeking qualified A&P Technicians to join its team. Is this position right for you? Read on to learn more.
Our entry-level and apprentice A&P Technicians repair, troubleshoot, inspect, and perform maintenance on privately owned, general aviation aircraft. They communicate with the lead technician regarding issues or problems that arise during maintenance and document all work performed on company provided forms.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is a U.S. Citizen
- Can be enrolled in an ongoing drug & alcohol testing program.
- Holds an A&P License (or has the ability to obtain it within 90 days of employment).
- Has General Aviation (piston and turbo prop) experience.
- Works according to written and/or verbal instructions.
- Communicates as required to receive and understand work assignments.
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellence, both professionally and personally.
Double M Aviation is an A&P/IA-owned and operated maintenance facility located at Lakeland Linder International Airport. Our focus is on providing quality maintenance to general aviation aircraft owners by cultivating a family-friendly environment for both customers and employees. Breaking with the traditional aviation culture of cyclical hiring and layoffs, Double M Aviation believes that hiring a new employee is making a commitment to long-term employment. This approach allows our employees to create relationships with co-workers and customers that foster communication, trust, and ultimately, quality aircraft maintenance.
- We feel that employees are able to add value to our company when they have the tools available to them to limit their day-to-day stressors that occur both inside and outside of the workplace. To that end, Double M Aviation offers fully paid medical insurance for our employees. We cover 100% of the monthly premium so it’s never a question of if the insurance is affordable
- We think everyone should have options. Our current healthcare plan has a Health Savings Account (HSA) option. Our employees are encouraged to contribute to this pre-tax plan directly from their weekly paycheck
We know each employee’s needs differ, so we offer additional healthcare options that can be added to the base healthcare plan such as coverage for dependents, dental, vision, etc.
- At the end of an employee’s 90-day probationary period they become immediately eligible for 24 hours of PTO, which renews annually on their anniversary.
- At their 1-year anniversary, an employee receives 40 hours of vacation pay to be used within the following 12 months. They are eligible for an additional 8 hours of vacation every year, with a cap of 80 hours.
- We believe in a regular work schedule. To accomplish this, we provide PTO for a set number of nationally recognized holidays in addition to their standard PTO.
We believe in planning for the future. To provide our employees with a clear path to a successful retirement, we participate in a Company Match 401k program. Employees become eligible to participate in this program at the end of their 90-day probationary period and are fully vested immediately.
Another way we can reduce an employee’s at-home stress is by providing uniforms with company-paid laundry service. At the end of each week employees bring in their unlaundered uniforms and receive a new set of uniforms, ready to wear for the upcoming week.
Our employees enjoy working in aviation but have at-home lives that benefit from a traditional schedule that allows them to be home with their families every night. This schedule is not the norm in aviation, so we are excited to be able to bring some consistency to our employee’s schedule through our scheduled work hours.
At Double M, we believe wage increases should not be dictated by the length of time employed, but rather on an employee’s ability to accomplish their assigned tasks. To accomplish that, wage reviews are completed at least once annually, but more often if needed. For hourly employees, wage increases are always a minimum of $1/hour but can frequently be more when merited.
Employees receive an invitation to create an Amazon account with a company paid Amazon Prime membership that can be used for both business and personal purchases. Employees can also connect pre-existing Amazon accounts with the company paid Prime membership to enjoy the benefits of Prime that way as well.
To us, this means we recognize that our employees have a life outside of their job. Making a commitment to long term employment means we recognize that our employees go through different seasons in their lives. We make every effort to walk alongside our employees through these seasons and support them in every way we can.
We strongly believe that everyone wants to be proud of the company they are a part of. To this end, we strive to be the best at what we do. We have made a commitment to our customers and our employees that safety standards will be upheld and the end product will be exceptional. Employees can be proud to be part of the Double M family knowing the highest standards of aircraft safety are at the core of what we do.
We believe in giving back. To accomplish this, we have established the Double M Foundation, a non-profit organization through which we can give back to the local aviation community. We ask our employees to set aside one Saturday the month of April as a paid-work day to participate in our annual Fundraiser during the Sun ‘n Fun Fly-in.
In the ever-changing business climate, the only way to succeed is to constantly evolve and grow. We are always exploring new avenues of growth that will provide growth opportunities to the business and our employees. Since 2015, we have expanded to include a charter company, Double M Charters, and established a non-profit organization, Double M Foundation.